Jailbreaking is quite possibly the most popular way of downloading apps onto the iOS device without all the restrictions that Apple put in place and there are a number of types of app that jailbreakers choose to download. Many jailbreakers tend to head for Screen Recorder apps, such as iRec but, if you don’t want to jailbreak or are unable to jailbreak because of the iOS version you are on, you may well be missing your screen recorders.
Image : AirShou Download Tutorial
Airshou is a new one that works on a wide variety of iOS devices aswell as Android . And, the best part is, you do not need to jailbreak to get it. However, it isn’t the most straightforward of apps to download but we are going to show you how to do it.
Image : AirShou Screen Recorder
Compatible Devices :
Airshou is compatible with the following iOS devices on iOS 9+
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini
- iPod Touch
Direct Links :
How to Download Airshou :
Here are the official methods to download AirShou Screen Recorder app on your iPhone.
Method 1 : Safari Method
- On your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, open the Safari browser
- Type airshou.org into the address bar and tap on Go
- Wait for the page to load and then look for the large UP arrow [ it will either be at the top or the bottom of the screen ]. Tap on it
- An options screen will appear; tap Add to Home Screen to save the icon to your home screen
- Next, you should name your app icon Airshou and tap on Add top right corner of your screen
- Exit out of Safari and the Airshou app icon will be on your home screen
Video : This video explains these steps to you
Method 2: Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
You must follow these steps exactly as they are written otherwise AirShou may not be installed :
- Open the Safari browser and the open this [ link ]
- On the information page that loads, find and tap the link to Install Directly to iOS Device
- When your Settings app opens on the Profile page, tap on Install Profile
- Input your passcode if requested to do so and Safari browser opens again
- Tap on Install AirShou > Install
- When your settings app has reopened, tap Install > Next > Install
- On the last page, tap on Install and then Done
- Wait for AirShou to be installed to your device
If it didn’t work, you need to go back and check that you followed these steps properly
Method 3 : TutuApp
Another way of downloading AirShou is through an app installer called TutuApp. this is not available through the app store so follow these steps to download it and then install AirShou :
- Download Tutu App [ext link] on your iOS device
- When the installation has finished, open TutuApp
- Go to the search facility and type in AirShou
- Tap on the search result to download AirShou to your iPhone or iPad
- When the installation has completed, AirShou screen recorder will be ready to use
Method 4: Android
Android users are missing out on an awful lot of features because they cannot jailbreak. Even though their platform is more open than iOS, Cydia has provided loads of useful apps and features that simply can’t be found anywhere else and one of those is AirShou screen recorder. Now, Android users can also have AirShou on their devices but the steps to download are a little more complex because they involve the download of the AirShou APK File. This is the application package file that installs the software on your device so make sure you follow the steps in the linked post to ensure success :
When you use AirShou screen recorder, you should also download Anti Revoke [ext link] . This small but significant tool protect your app certificate from being revoked, and this stops the regular crashing issues that you will experience without Anti Revoke.
If you follow all of these steps you should have no problem but, although many users have found it plain sailing, there are those who have come up against a number of issues. The most common ones can be found detailed in the linked post below, along with solutions and there are also instructions for deleting Airshou if you choose not to use it anymore
AirShou Alternatives :
AirShou is a very popular screen recorder but there are a couple of others that may be better for you:
CoolPixel is a very different screen recorder to AirShou. As well as providing you with the ability to record whatever you want on your screen in Full HD 1080p at 60fps, CoolPixel also provides video editing capabilities too. You can import your own HD videos, add rich filters for movie effects, add subtitles and dubbing with a simple finger swipe and much more besides. Follow the steps at the given link to download CoolPixel [ext link] to your device today.
iRec App :
iRec used to be the single most popular screen recorder ever released for Cydia users but, as time went by, the developers failed to update it to support the later iOS versions. The app eventually fell into disuse, but it has now been given a complete overhaul to support all iOS devices on all iOS versions, as well as Android and it doesn’t require Cydia. Find out more about how to download iRec [ext link] by clicking the given link
If you miss your screen recorder and cannot jailbreak then Airshou is the app you need. Let us know what you think of it and if you have any trouble using it. For more up to date developments and news sent to your inbox, follow us on Facebook.