Apple is continuing with their update program and has just released iOS 10.2 download [ext link] to the public. With several new features alongside the bug fixes and performance enhancements, many users are going to want to update to the new firmware. However, according to Italian developer, Luca Todesco, iOS 10.2 is going to be extremely difficult to jailbreak and that leaves users without the means to download their favorite modifications and apps from Cydia.
Image : AirShou iOS 10.2 Download
With the last public jailbreak being PPHelper for iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3, only those who never updated to iOS 10 will still be using that jailbreak and, as there is no way to downgrade back to it, anyone who has updated is stuck without a jailbreak. One of the most popular types of app downloaded from Cydia was the screen recorder, something that Apple doesn’t seem to want to give us but, rather than missing out, you can now download AirShou, a popular screen recorder that does not need a jailbreak to work and even better, is compatible with iOS 10.2 .
Image : AirShou Screen Recorder
Compatible Devices :
AirShou will work on these devices on iOS 10.2 :
- iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus
- iPad Pro – both models
- iPad 3, 4
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini, 2, 3
- iPod Touch 6thGeneration
Download AirShou on iOS 10.2 :
Although you can’t get AirShou from the app store, it is easy enough to download it. All you need is your iOS device and a good working internet connection:
- Open the Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad [ don’t bother with any other browser, it won’t work ]
- Type airshou.org into the address bar and tap on Go
- Wait for our specially designed web page to load up and then tap on the UP arrow [ it will be at the top of the screen on the iPad and at the bottom on the iPhone ]
- A new window will open with a list of options , select Add to Home Screen
- Now you will be asked to rename the icon so call it AirShou and tap on Add
- When you come out of Safari, the app icon for AirShou will be on your home screen.
Video: Watch this video for a demonstration of these steps
What do you think of AirShou ? Will you be using it or would you rather hang on and wait for an iOS 10.2 jailbreak ? Follow us on Facebook for all the latest jailbreak news and developments.