iOS 10 is now out with the public and is being downloaded by millions of users worldwide. While it is being packed full of unique features, and improvements to speed and performance over iOS 9, what it doesn’t have is a jailbreak attached to it. However, it is early days and the jailbreak teams are going to need time to examine it before determining whether they can produce a jailbreak or not.
Image : AirShou iOS 10 Download
PPHelper was for iOS 9 and, as it is no longer being signed by Apple, anyone who updates beyond it i.e iOS 10 , will have to wait for the next jailbreak. That means going without apps like the popular screen recorder, iRec [ext link] but there is now an alternative app that anyone can download. It’s called AirShou and, like iRec, is a neat and feature-rich screen recorder app that lets you record anything you are doing on your iOS screen and save it or share it with others.
Image : AirShou Screen Recorder
Compatible Devices :
AirShou is compatible with all of the following devices on iOS 10:
- iPad Pro
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini
- iPod Touch
How to Download AirShou iOS 10 :
There are few methods to download AirShou screen recorder on your iPhone and iPad.
Method 1 : Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
It is a simple matter to download AirShou onto your iOS 10 device, without a PC or Mac to hand and you can delete this whenever you want to. Here’s how:
- Open up Safari browser on your iOS 10 device [ no other browser will work for this ]
- Go to the address bar and type in airshou.org. Tap on the Go button
- Wait for the web page to load up and then tap on the UP arrow, at the top or the bottom of the screen, depending on which device you are using to access it
- On the list of options that loads up, tap on Add to Home Screen
- Name it AirShou . Tap on the Add button
- Shut down Safari and you will see the AirShou icon on your home screen
Video: The video below shows you these steps
Method 2: Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
Follow these steps very carefully to make sure that AirShou is installed:
- Launch Safari and open this [ link ]
- On the information page that loads, tap on the link to Directly Install to iOS device , do not skip this step as the installation will fail if you do
- Your Settings app opens automatically to the Profile page; tap on Install Profile
- Type your passcode in if requested to and Safari will open again
- Tap on Install AirShou and, when the confirmation window pops up, tap on Install
- Settings opens again, tap Install > Next
- Tap on Install on the next page
- Now tap on Install > Done
- Wait for AirShou to be installed on your device
If there are any issues, then you will need to go back and follow the steps above again
Method 3: AppValley Installer
Another popular Cydia alternative is AppValley although it doesn’t offer quite so much content as the popular jailbreak store. It does, however, provide you with premium apps for free, modified apps and some Cydia tweaks, as well as a way of downloading AirShou. To download AppValley [ext link], check out the linked article for details and then search AppValley for AirShou and tap on it to download it.
Method 4: Android Only
While Android users can do many things, the one thing they cannot do is jailbreak and that means they don’t get to enjoy the cool features that iOS users do. A basic feature of any smartphone or tablet is a screen recorder but neither iOS nor Android seems to have one and of those in the app stores, the best require significant payment. With AirShou, you get all the features with none of the pain of paying and now the developers have given it Android support. You will need to install the application package file [ APK ] to your device so follow the steps in the linked guide very carefully :
AirShou Crashing Fix :
Downloading AirShou screen recorder? Make sure you download Anti Revoke [ext link] as well. This blocks the app certificate so it can’t be verified or revoked.
AirShou Alternative :
While AirShou may be one of the most popular and feature packed screen recorders available, it may not be what you are looking for. In that case, we have two others for you to look at, both offering some cool features:
CoolPixel [ext link] is a screen recorder with a difference; not only does it allow you record whatever is on your screen in full 1080p HD at 60fp, it is also a video editor. Packed with features, CoolPixel allows you to import your own videos and edit them easily; adding features like dubbing and subtitles just by swiping your finger. You can also choose from the rich filters included to give your video a movie-like feel. Check out the link below for more information on CoolPixel and a full download guide :
- Download CoolPixel [ext link]
iRec App :
iRec [ext link], at one time, was the most downloaded screen recorder ever released but, as the iOS was updated it fell into decline and wasn’t given support, gradually falling to the wayside. Now, the developers have hauled it out and updated it, giving it some excellent new features and support for all the latest iOS versions, all without the need to jailbreak. For more details and a download tutorial, check out the link below :
- Download iRec [ ext link ]
Are you going to use AirShou on your iOS 10 device or will you wait for the next jailbreak to arrive ?