Given the distinct lack of jailbreaks in the last year, it’s no wonder that we have started to look around for alternative ways to access Cydia [ext link] content. While no alternative is ever going to be as comprehensive as Cydia, some of them can at least offer us some kind of access, especially to basic features that Apple doesn’t seem to think we need. One of those features is a screen recorder and the most popular one is AirShou. Previously only available through Cydia.
Image : AirShou iOS 11.0.2
With iOS 11.0.2 download [ext link] just released, it is unlikely that the jailbreak situation will change very much; iOS 10 was one of the worst for jailbreaks and, with iOS 11.1 set for release in a couple of months, it isn’t going to get any better so we are pleased that we can tell you that AirShou Screen Recorder is now available without having to jailbreak first. Newly released, it has plenty of new features to tempt users and is easy to download.
Download AirShou on iOS 11.0.2 :
Being an app previously only available through Cydia, you are not going to get AirShou through the iOS app store. That said, it is very easy to download and all you will need are:
- Your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch on iOS 11.0.2
- A decent internet connection , Wi-fi will be better than data
- Safari browser
Safari is the only browser this will work with :
- Open Safari browser on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- From the address bar, go to airshou.org
- When our mobile web page has loaded up, find and tap on the large UP arrow , it will be at the top right or the bottom center of your screen
- You will see a few new options along the bottom of the screen , tap on the one that says Add to Home Screen
- A box will appear on the screen – this is for you to type in a new name for the app icon so type AirShou and then tap on Add
- Close Safari and look for the Airshou app icon on your home screen
Video: This will show you how to do these steps
Do you miss having a decent screen recorder ? AirShou could be the answer you are looking for so download it and tell us what you think of it in the comments box below. For all the latest news, updates and more tutorials like this one, follow us on Facebook .