One of the most downloaded of all the type of Cydia app is the Screen Recorder, simply because this is something that Apple has never included on the iOS. Screen recorders let you record whatever you are doing on your device screen, be it a game, an app or anything else. If you don’t want to jailbreak then you are missing out on these screen recorder apps, as is anyone who has updated their device beyond latest iOS . There is no jailbreak for iOS at this time and, as we don’t know when there will be one, we have looked for an alternative way to record our screens. The solution is an app called AirShou.
Image : AirShou IPA Installation Tutorial
What is AirShou ?
AirShou is a dedicated screen recorder app, similar to all the others found in Cydia but with one exception – you do not need to jailbreak your iOS device to use it. At one time, this was the most popular app but it disappeared for a while. It is now back and it is fully compatible with most iOS devices running on iOS 7 right through to iOS 10 .
- No jailbreak needed
- Doesn’t use much processor resource to run and is very efficient
- Can be used to record anything on your iOS device screen, including apps and games
- Records at 1080p at up to 60fps
- High quality stereo recording makes it a good all-rounder
- Using it is simple; install, and tap on record to video whatever you want
Compatible Devices :
AirShou will work on all of the following devices on iOS 7 to iOS 10 :
- iPod Touch
- iPad Air
- iPad Pro
- iPad Mini
How to Download and Install AirShou IPA File :
You cannot get AirShou from the app store so you will need to follow these steps to get it. We need to use another app called Cydia Impactor to side load AirShou and here’s how to do it.
- Download Cydia Impactor [ ext link ] do make sure you are downloading the version that is compatible with your operating system
- Now extract the package contents and save them where you will find them easily
- Download the AirShou .ipa [ file ] , don’t bother trying to download the .deb file because it won’t work
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and make sure that you are running the latest iTunes version , click Help > Check for Updates in iTunes and follow the instructions for updating if needed
- Now you can launch the Cydia Impactor
- When it has loaded, click the drop down menu, and select your iOS device
- Open the AirShou .ipa file and drag it to Cydia Impactor
- Use your Apple developer credentials to sign in. If you don’t have a developer account, you can open one for free – you do need one as this is how AirShou will be signed for side loading with Cydia Impactor
- Click OK. Be aware that, if you are using a free developer account, the certificate can only be signed for 7 days after which you will lose everything and will need to repeat these steps. With paid developer accounts, the certificates do not expire
- When you see a warning message about expired certificates, click OK
- Cydia Impactor will now go and obtain the certificate from Apple and will then sign it digitally – this can take several minutes so have some patience
- When the side loading is complete, the icon will show up on your home screen
- Now go to Settings > General > Profile and Device Management on your iOS device
- Look for the profile you just installed and tap Trust beside it – this will ensure the app runs
Once you have done that, close everything down and locate the icon on your home screen. Tap on it and you can start to use it. Don’t forget though, free developer accounts only give you 7 days before you have to re-run the entire procedure again.
Do let us know if you run into any trouble with this and, for more tips and tutorials, follow us on Facebook .